How small changes in your behaviour have a big impact on how you work, lead or follow
That’s the title of an ebook I wrote in early 2020, initially, as a series of 50 short blogs – index here – and as a framework for a longer book.
Section 1 YOU
Section 1.1 Seven Principles
- Your career
- is a unique micro-business
- one over seven billion in its uniqueness
- and you’re not anyone’s “human capital asset”.
- Your job
- is a “joint venture” with an organisation(s)
- for, often, brief periods,
- and increasingly brief.
- Organisations will hire you
- if you’re the least risky,
- not, necessarily, the best.
- Your organisation’s purpose, strategy, & behaviour (Organisation PSB)
- clarity on a shared purpose (P),
- strategy (S)
- and behaviour (B) is key to your organisation’s success.
- Your personal purpose, strategy and behaviour (Personal PSB)
- clarity on your personal purpose (P),
- strategy (S)
- and behaviour (B) is key to achieving your personal fulfilment.
- Your personal purpose and your organisation’s purpose are interdependent
- Your organisation consists of unique career micro-businesses with their own personal purpose
- and so it follows that your purpose and the purpose of your organisation are interdependent, even if it doesn’t feel like that sometimes.
- Small changes in behaviour
- have a big impact
- on your personal
- and your organisation outcomes.
This ebook explores these seven principles.